For years Kava Tea has been used for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, and stress.
By finely grinding it into a powder and extracting it to bitters, prepping kava tea is a common recipe in the Pacific Islands where the shrub naturally grows. If you consume enough Kava, it can give you a similar feeling of getting drunk.
When mixed with water, it has a muddy and bitter taste. The effects of taking Kava are quite strong, so you should be prepared when you are planning on medicating with it. However, Kava tea has a more subtle effect than kava capsules. If you want a drink that will help you relax after a stressful day, this is the right elixir for you.
How to Prepare Kava Tea
Just as if you were preparing black or green tea, brewing kava tea is quite simple. You start by putting the teabag in your cup, and pouring hot water until it is full. Next, wait for 5-10 minutes to allow the essential nutrients to diffuse, and viola, you are good to go.
The longer you wait after soaking your tea bag in hot water, the more potent your tea, but be sure not to leave it in too long. Take note that Kava does not have a pleasant flavor, so you can include other herbs and even honey to help improve the taste, flavor, and effects. Finding kava seems to be easy, but you want to be sure that you are buying reputable kava for a reliable seller. Whether you want to use tea bags, or you prefer taking the traditional approach, you’ll find all of your Kava needs here!
5 tips for the best experience
- Use lukewarm water: Be sure that the water you use is not too hot. Using really hot water will turn your Kava into sludge, and no one wants that.
- Drink your kava tea on an empty stomach. Preferably before you eat or 5 hours after any meal. If you feel nauseous after drinking the tea, you can eat a light snack or munch on some fruit. You may experience a numb feeling in your mouth and on your lips, but worry not. That is a part of the kava tea experience.
- KNOW YOUR LIMIT. To have a pleasurable experience, you should know the number of servings you need to achieve your desired effect. If you are a first time user, you can follow the recommendations provided by the manufacturer. After your first 2-3 sessions, you’ll have a better idea how to determine your desired dose..
- Buy fresh, quality ground kava tea. Whether you buy kava online, or from your local store, always buy quality kava to have the best kava tea experience. Not all stores or sites with a “kava for sale” banner actually sell quality products. So you should be careful.
- Reverse tolerance is likely. When you are trying kava tea for the first time, it might take a few servings or sessions for you to feel that relaxing effect that comes with drinking it. Before you buy Kava online, ensure you read reviews from other customers properly before making the purchase.
If you follow these steps and use this as a guide, you are far more likely to have a memorable experience while drinking Kava tea. Here at Botanical Oasis, we only provide the best quality kava that is shipped fresh and directly from our suppliers. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns that you may have pertaining to kava at info@BotanicalOasis.co.